companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, September 9, 2016

Roasted Garlic and Asiago Cauliflower Whip


I love fall. It is my favorite time to bake. Every year, I look forward to my return to the kitchen. The cooler weather with the oven no longer my enemy. Alas, we are not yet to the cooler weather here in Oklahoma, but they promise it is coming. Since I work a little ahead of you all getting recipes for my upcoming newsletters, I am firmly planted in fall dishes right now, even if the temperature is still in the 90s. A cool front is on its way, so I am planning to turn on the oven this weekend! So I took a little stroll to memory lane. About a year back in time.

I made so many amazing side dishes last fall--especially for the November Diner News, my annual Thanksgiving special. This is one of those really tasty sides, complete with Asiago cheese. One of my personal favorites. It is worth heating the oven to get that roasted garlic. Totally worth it.


Roasted Garlic and Asiago Cauliflower Whip




2 heads garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
2 large heads cauliflower
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut the tops from garlic bulbs just enough to expose the top of the cloves. Brush with olive oil. Arrange cut side up in a small roasting pan. Pour any remaining oil into the base of the pan. Top with foil. Roast at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Remove and cool.

Boil cauliflower until tender. Drain very well, but keep hot. Add the butter and cream cheese. Mash with a potato masher. If you want a smooth puree, use a stick blender. Squeeze the roasted cloves of garlic from the papery skins. Stir into the mashed cauliflower. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with additional cheese and dried parsley.

Serves 8:   300 calories  8 g carb
Serves 10:  240 calories  6 net g carb



If you want to go all out, make this even cheesier by adding even more Asiago. This really is an amazing side dish. All creamy and that perfect flavor of Asiago. Something about that cheese. Of course, you could sub Parmesan as well.


Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

 Order any of our great cookbooks at  http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php

Order my original e-book or the latest version for couples and singles,  A Table for Two here.  

No comments: