companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Chicken Pizzoli


This delicious lunch, via the January Diner News, will make all cravings for pizza disappear. But you won't need to fuss with making a complicated, time consuming crust. Basically, this is a ground chicken patty topped with sauce, cheese and your favorite veggies. Simple and so easy to have the chicken patties frozen and waiting for fresh toppings.

I like to grind my own chicken, so it makes sense to do a big batch of these at a time.

Chicken Pizzoli

8 oz ground chicken
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
12 slices pepperoni
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
8 white mushrooms, sliced

On a parchment lined cookie sheet, press chicken into 2 1/4th inch thick circles. Brush with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. While that is baking, combine tomato sauce and garlic powder. Remove chicken from oven and coat with tomato sauce. Top with pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms and cheese. Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Serves 2.

475 calories
36 g fat     34 g protein     6 g carbs


If you want even more flavor, you can add some herbs and garlic to the ground chicken before cooking. Or if you are doing the big batch of patties, go with less flavoring for more versatile dress ups.

Love the recipes I share on this blog? My ebook helps you plan and prep to stay healthy 24/7.   http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

Order our books at: 


http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sounds yummy! I have a grinder attachment to my Kitchen Aid mixer...do you use any fats or any other things in the mix when you grind your chicken like egg, or any other binders? Thanks for the recipe. :)

Lisa Marshall said...

Nope, no binders or anything extra. I am usually making a big batch of chicken patties--some with flavoring added. If doing a small batch just for this recipe, I add some Italian seasoning when grinding the chicken. But often I grind a big package of chicken and make patties for other meals too--it is easy to top a plain patty with topping that sound good for that meal--cheese and BBQ sauce, tamari, salsa and cheese, etc.

Nadine said...

This looks delicious Lisa. Quick question, is this 450 calories per serving or the total for each serving? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

Dumb question-do you cook the chicken at all before grinding?

Unknown said...

These are great but I'm the ULTIMATE in lazy when it comes to cooking. I use all the ingredients but instead of grinding chicken, I just use pre frozen 4oz turkey or chicken patties. I love it. Im sure it's not as good as grinding your own but I'll actually do this so for me its perfect.