companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Pat's Cheesecake


It has been a cheesecake kinda week. I couldn't resist making some green cheesecake to celebrate the holiday. Cute, huh? Easy peasy too...just a little extra effort. Some I swirled with food coloring; some I mixed a green, then plopped little bits of colored mix into a clover shape. Fun stuff!

The cheesecake is the no bake variety. Similar recipe I used for my first Tie Dye Cheesecake. That originally came from Linda's site. I will go ahead and put my changes in here today. Have fun with this. I just may make another for a dessert at our USO theme party this weekend. Red white and blue of course!

Tie Dye Cheesecake (as a starter for Holiday decorating)


1 cup cold water
1 envelope dry gelatin
16 oz cream cheese
2/3 cup powdered erythritol (or equivalent sweetener)
1 tsp clear vanilla

Pour cold water into a small microwaveable bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the water and let it absorb for 5 minutes. While that is sitting, use a mixer in a medium bowl to combine the cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla. Heat the gelatin mixture for approximately 1 minute in a microwave oven. Remove and stir until well dissolved. Combine the gelatin and cream cheese mixture.

To make the marbelized cups, divide the mixture among the serving cups or dessert dishes. Add a drop or two of food coloring, and use a toothpick to swirl the color around until you get the desired effect.

To make the sharmrock, set aside 1/4 cup of the cheesecake mixture. Fill dessert dishes. Use a tiny spoon to drop the mixture onto the surface forming the shamrock shape.

Chill at least two hours to set.

8 servings / each:   209 calories     4 g protein   20 g fat   4 g net carbs


This is not a super rich cheesecake, like the baked variety. But it is really fun. I even chill it in thin layers and use cookie cutters to make cool shapes. I started today trying to make a rainbow cheesecake for the holiday, but my colors ran together. I think you would have to let each layer set before adding the next, and that would be a really complicated scenario to put together. So, swirl is good too! Wanna see even more? See my Easter Bunnies. I will be making those again this Easter.

What are you doing to celebrate? We have having some broccoli Emerald Isle soup with dinner tonight. Hope that works!



Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

Order our books at: 

http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php

Love the recipes I share on this blog? My ebook helps you plan and prep to stay healthy 24/7.   http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

No comments: