companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spinach and Red Pepper Lasagna


My guys raved about this one. It is similar to my other cream cheese lasagna, but omits the Dreamfield's noodles and replaces them with pepper strips and spinach.

It it rich and creamy with cream cheese added. It has the fabulous tastes of red bell pepper and spinach--two veggies that happen to be really good for you! Try it.

Spinach and Red Pepper Lasagna

This is one of the recipes included in my new cookbook project, Low Carbing Among Friends.
This recipe is available in the book, along with over 60 additional 24/7 Low Carb Diner recipes. By ordering the book, you get more than 300 favorite gluten free recipes from four other well known low carb cooking experts…Jennifer Eloff of Splendid Low Carbing cookbook fame, Kent Altena, the Atkins Diet Geek and You Tube star, nutritionist and author Maria Emmerich of Maria’s Nutritious and Delicious Journal, and popular blogger and food stylist, Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food. Unlike any other cookbook you may own, this one is a compilation of mini cookbooks featuring the talents of these well known low carbers. Think of it as a “best of” project.
Low Carbing Among Friends also features recipes from numerous other talented low carbing friends and recommendations from the medical community who recognize the health benefits of low carb, gluten free living. To preorder your copy, visit http://www.amongfriends.us The official release date is 11/11/11, so pre-order now for a discount.


I used Jack cheese because that is what we had on hand. Mozzarella would be nice too. I think this would freeze nicely, but I don't think I will get a chance to find out. At least not tonight.

I added extra spinach for the side salad, and threw on a few grape tomatoes to complete the red, white and green theme. MMMmmm. Let me know what you think. No one is leaving comments for me lately, and I am feeling a little lost in cyberspace. Anyone out there?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're here, just not talking because our mouths are full! :)

Lisa Marshall said...

Thanks, I needed that!

Retta said...

I made this recipe today, and it was WONDERFUL! Hubby didn't even think to complain that there were no "real" lasagna noodles in it. Delicious, thank you. :-)

Barb said...

It is in the oven as I type! Can't wait to eat! Thanks for the delicious recipe!

Barb said...

Updated post....it was INCREDIBLE!!!! and I am stuffed! LOL Thanks again!

Lisa Marshall said...

Glad you all liked it. We did too. I like to get comments--good ones anyway!

Arthur said...

I like the idea for using cream cheese. Don't get discouraged, I am reading your posts regularly, I just got a bit behind on leaving comments. Please keep it up. I love all you're recipes.

Lisa Marshall said...

Thanks Arthur. I love to know when you guys are out there. It really makes a difference when I decide whether or not to post one of our dinners. The more you comment, the more motivated I am!

. said...

Hi Lisa,

I made this tonight and had some questions. I used a regular loaf pan, not sure of the size, and it rose to about 1"-1 1/2" with the kind of crunchy. The inside was pretty dark yet moist. It looked and smelled great but when I tasted it, it was extremely dense to the point that I had to wash it down with some almond milk. Would using almond butter make it lighter or did I miss something here?