companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Peanut Butter for Lovers


Hi everyone! Has your weekend been as crazy as mine? Between shopping and kids home from college, big events with church and school, our life is nuts! No time to do my prep cooking today, but a salad bar at the local pizza place sure was yummy. We ate out three times this weekend which is almost unheard of for my clan. I have been feasting on Parmesan Chicken tenders, beef fajitas--sans the tortillas of course, and a big salad. Sometime Saturday, I had a craving for sweet, and I love peanut butter, so I took a minute to whip these up. Love, love, love 'em.

A minute is truly all the time it takes to throw together a sweet treat. Based on the coconut bark candies, this one leave out the cocoa powder, for a nutty treat. Here is all I did:

Peanut Butter Candy

1. Melt about 1/4 cup of coconut oil. I used refined for no coconut taste in this version, but I think the really good stuff would be wonderful too.
2. Stir in about 2 Tablespoons of natural peanut butter
3. Add some sweetener to taste. It is ok to stick that pinkie in to taste. I am having a hard time knowing how much sweetener I used, since I like a combo of sweeteners and just kept adding in a pinch until I found my sweet spot.
4. When it is all mixed together, pour into ice cube or candy molds. I obviously still had my heart shaped molds from Valentine's day nearby. But then, I am always a sucker for hearts and romantic stuff like that.
5. Chill and eat. If you are really suffering a craving, use the freezer, and they will set up in just a few minutes.

According to plenty of folk out there, a few tablespoons of coconut oil will actually help us to lose fat, so I don't even count three of these as cheats. Now warning. It is hard to stop eating. Be sure to hide these in the back of the fridge so you can't easily cruise by and commit a drive by snacking. That is deadly!

4 comments:

Arthur said...

Sounds like a delicous treat. I really need to step up my game and start making some low carb treats for rewards.

Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

"Commit a drive by snacking"!! ROFL Looks yummy.

Retta said...

I finally got around to making these, and my new-to-low-carb hubby about swooned! He's a real peanut butter lover, and these were a hit. Just for him, I added a few drops of peanut butter flavored Capella drops, for that extra PB kick.

Oh, and now he wants the next batch to have a little chocolate layer on top. Sheesh, LOL!

Thanks for another winner!

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

This means that you actually get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!