companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, March 14, 2011

Albuquerque Cream of Chicken Soup


Unlike last night's dinner, everyone liked this. In my freezer was the last bit of shredded Green Chile Chicken. I knew I wanted to make a soup with it because there is no lettuce in the house and it is cold today. So much for Spring Break, huh?

I threw together some of my favorite ingredients--my almost still new green chile powder, some frozen green chilies, some cream cheese and chicken broth. It turned out great. For my carby boys, in the green and blue bowls, I added some cooked rice. For the low carbers, just the soup with a sprinkling of Jack cheese.

If you don't have any green chile powder, you really need to order some. The taste is all in there! Here is where I got mine. I have been throwing it in everywhere. Just about slugged the husband when he dropped it in the floor, sending my precious green powder everywhere. I even made him sweep it up--I couldn't bear to scoop it all into the trash can. Now I think I already need to place another order.

If you don't already have green chili chicken shreds, like I did, then just use plain chicken and double the amount of spices.

Albuquerque Cream of Chicken Soup

This is one of the recipes included in my new cookbook project, Low Carbing Among Friends.
This recipe is available in the book, along with over 60 additional 24/7 Low Carb Diner recipes. By ordering the book, you get more than 300 favorite gluten free recipes from four other well known low carb cooking experts…Jennifer Eloff of Splendid Low Carbing cookbook fame, Kent Altena, the Atkins Diet Geek and You Tube star, nutritionist and author Maria Emmerich of Maria’s Nutritious and Delicious Journal, and popular blogger and food stylist, Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food. Unlike any other cookbook you may own, this one is a compilation of mini cookbooks featuring the talents of these well known low carbers. Think of it as a “best of” project.
Low Carbing Among Friends also features recipes from numerous other talented low carbing friends and recommendations from the medical community who recognize the health benefits of low carb, gluten free living. To preorder your copy, visit http://www.amongfriends.us The official release date is 11/11/11, so pre-order now for a discount.



This was just right for our cloudy, cold weather. It is so hard to go back to cold drizzle after glorious sunshine! Somehow, though, a little chile pepper makes me warm all over.

5 comments:

Kahri said...

definitely having this one!

Kahri said...

went to the link and saw Desert Garden stuff....LOVE THAT STUFF!!!! I am thiknking this may be one of my favorite new sites!

Joan said...

WOW, is all I can say. Can't wait to have this!

Lorri Miller said...

Oh my goodness; this is SO good. We could hardly keep our hands off of the chicken as I was removing it from the crock pot but once we turned it into the soup...forget about it!

There is NOTHING left in the pot and I've already been asked to make this again tomorrow night. :)

THANK YOU!!

Lorri

Lisa Marshall said...

Lorri,

Thanks for letting me know you liked it, that made my day!