companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, August 13, 2010

Summertime Lemon Tilapia


It is really too hot too cook. It is really too hot to eat. Well, it's never too hot to eat something light and lemony like this fishy. This is another E.Z.Fix meal that is perfect for hot summer evenings or light stay at home lunches.

Summertime Lemon Tilapia

Tilapia fillets, frozen
lemon pepper
1 packet True Lemon for every two fillets
a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash
1 sliced lemon

Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the frozen fillets on it. Sprinkle all the seasoning over the fish. Slice the lemon and arrange slices over the fish. Wrap the foil around the fish and bake in an oven until fish flakes easily with a fork.


I bake two in the toaster oven for about 20 minutes. I never heat my big oven when it is over 100 degrees outside. Yuck. I made a simple lemon vinaigrette to serve with the cherub tomatoes as a side. You can't see it in the picture, but that tangy taste is there. Now if I could just get my boys to eat fish...

2 comments:

Kahri said...

Looks SOOOO yummy!!!

Retta said...

OH! I love my True Lemon, Lime and Orange packets. But haven't tried it sprinkled on fish. Thanks for the tip.
Loretta
=^..^=