companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, May 14, 2010

Garlic Shrimp and Basil Tomatoes


John and I decided to enjoy some shrimp tonight while the boys had pizza. They turn up their noses to shrimp...well, in all fairness, one is allergic. Guess that gets him out of doing dishes tonight! We grown ups felt like we were dining at a classy seafood restaurant, but this was easy and so good for us. I even got to serve dinner on a new plate I picked up at the thrift store today. I love buying new plates and such!

Garlic Shrimp

Frozen, precooked shrimp (enough for 2)
1 teaspoon vinaigrette dressing
garlic powder
dried parsley
onion powder
Black pepper

Place the shrimp in a small baking dish. Add vinaigrette and toss. Sprinkle with seasonings. Bake at 350 until shrimp is hot. Remove the shrimp, leaving cooking fluid in the dish. If desired, stir some butter into the hot dish and drizzle it over the shrimp when serving.


Fresh garlic might be better, but this is about quick, so I used powdered. Since I am still working at dropping some pounds, I left off the butter and just stirred in a tiny bit of butter flavoring. Still pretty good, but butter is better!

On the side, I used fresh basil from my herb garden--the first time this year. I simply added it to some fresh Roma tomatoes and sautéed them with some garlic. It is amazing how wonderful fresh, unprocessed foods can taste.

No comments: