companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Orange Chipotle Tilapia


Our local craft mall has a fun little stall which features spice blends of all kinds. I love to go in there and find a new gourmet blend I cannot make at home. I went for an espresso rub, but alas, it had sugar. Just may try that on my own sometime, though. Instead I bought this delicious blend that I used on fish tonight. It cannot, I mean cannot get easier than this!

The spice is a tantalizing blend of smoked jalapeno, orange zest, onion, garlic, parsley, bell pepper, paprika and salt. Sorry, I don't have the recipe, just the ingredients. To make the easiest dinner ever, just sprinkle it over a tilapia fillet and bake. Tonight, I even sprinkled it over the fresh asparagus I was serving alongside. I popped both in the oven until the veggies were tender crisp. Wonderful flavor!

If you want to order online, they do have a website. Or we could try to put together our own blends. I just don't know if I can improve on this one.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Thanks for the link, I saw several mixtures of spices to try or fix myself!

The dinner looks wonderful! I love Tilapia.