companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Peppered Chicken


I found these pre-seasoned chicken breasts in the grocery store last weekend. They were under two dollars a pound, and from all natural, no antibiotic farm. They were pretty thick, so tonight I cut them into chunks before grilling so they would cook more evenly. After I tasted them, I decided they were peppery enough, but needed something to make them "pop." Love how they say that on TV all the time. I promise from food to wall paint, it all pops.

I chose to add some EVOO and some balsamic vinegar. Very good with the veggie medley of zucchini, red bell pepper and onion. Mmmmm. We had ours with a nice bleu cheese salad, and the carby boy ate some pasta I had frozen. A top of garlic spice blend and some Parmesan cheese is all we needed for a really nice weekday dinner. If you don't happen to have the peppered chicken in your grocery store, just use any pepper blend that has nice big chunks of that wonderful stuff.

Now I am off to work on the newsletter for the Diner. Be watching for it if you have a subscription. If not, check out the website where you can order it. This month I am featuring side dishes made with fresh spring veggies. I bet you will find something new to enjoy with your low carb lifestyle. Some recipes just might be unusual finds from the produce aisle that are often overlooked. Ever enjoyed an artichoke or Nopalitos?

1 comment:

Joan said...

Can't wait to get the newsletter/veggie recipes, I love any vegetable. Your recipes are always an inspiration to cook!!