companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, October 19, 2009

"Encheelada" Casserole


Put on your best Speedy Gonzales voice and serve this up for dinner! Those Chipotle Chicken Shreds are right at home in these enchiladas. Better than a restaurant meal, and easy to assemble. I use jarred enchilada sauce--the carbs are not too bad.

The recipe calls for low carb tortillas, but the store I went shopping at this weekend was asking over 5 dollars for eight tortillas. Not going there! Here is how I made a crepe to stand in for the tortillas. It worked well. They didn't even stick to the pan!

"Leesa's" Encheelada Crepes

2 eggs
1/2 cup low carb baking mix
2 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon coconut oil

Beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients and blend until lump free. Spoon into a well oiled skillet. Cook until the bubbles on the top have broken and the crepe has lost its shine. Turn and cook until lightly browned. Makes 4.


The casserole is in the Multiply Meals section of the cookbook, but since I already had the chicken cooked, I just made enough for the four of us tonight. Even with that, I filled up two small casserole dishes. Not a leftover to be found. They liked 'em.

I made my own baking mix this weekend. I will post more about that later. So far, I am liking it. Now off to spend some more time with my boy.

No comments: