companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

White Texican Pizza



That "Triple Play" meal of Tequila Chicken was the star of our lunch today. I made White Texican Pizzas in my muffin top pan. The boys loved them. You certainly can do one big pizza, but these are easy to pick up by hand. I didn't have mushrooms or fresh cilantro on hand, but they were yummy none the less. Today, I made my hubby a Tequila Lime Chicken Salad to take to work, because these pizzas are best fresh from the oven. Wimpy as he is about jalapenos, I was able to go a little wild on the lunch pizzas for the pepper loving boys at home. Instead of mushrooms and cilantro, I diced up some fresh peppers--green bell and jalapeno. So good, but not for those who can't appreciate some heat!

White Texican Pizza

Crust:
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
3 beaten eggs
2 Tablespoons soy flour or other low carb flour

Sauce:
1– 8 ounce package of cream cheese
3 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon jalapeƱo salt*

Toppings:
2 cups diced Tequila Chicken
Sliced mushrooms
Diced jalapeƱos-fresh or jarred
Diced fresh cilantro
Chopped red onion

For crust, combine all ingredients. Spread thinly and bake on parchment paper at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Flip and bake another 5 minutes. While that is baking, blend sauce ingredients well and dice the toppings. When crust is ready, spread sauce and add toppings. Bake for another 5-10 minutes at 325 degrees.

*I changed the amount of jalapeno salt called for from the original recipe. My new brand has a much stronger flavor. I suggest you taste as you go, since your mileage may vary.

No comments: