companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Almond Thins--Gone in 30 Seconds


Addictive. Every once in a while you find a recipe that renders you completely unable to act like a thinking human. The inner carbavore really comes out in me when I bake these wonders of the low carb world. Oh, they seem innocent enough. Just almond meal, egg white and seasonings. Who could know they have the ability to send me into a "seems like a carb" eating frenzy?

These are so good. All I can say is that I am glad that I am such a klutz when it comes to working with a rolling pin. If not, I would be making these little crackers all the time. Not that they are that hard to make, just a bit tricky in getting the dough even. But that is workable too. I like the slightly browner edges; my hubby prefers the lighter middle crackers. (Yes, I know my friends are laughing now, given my affection for slightly burned cookies and totally incinerated marshmallows)

This is a legendary recipe on the low carb boards. Today I used the one that Linda posted on her site. You can find the recipe here. Almond Thins are great when it comes to dips. They are much sturdier than you would expect. Wonderful with cheese, strong enough for a cream cheese dip, and yet, they taste incredible all by themselves. Just like the Lay's potato chips of old--bet you can't eat just one!

No comments: