companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Don't Hate Me Because I'm a Leftover


Today was one of those days. You know, you hit the ground running, get drenched in the rain, have to deal with insufferable people, somehow forget to eat. Wow. I can't believe I just said that. I have never been the type to forget to eat. What gives? I really wasn't hungry, partly due to an absence of cravings, partly due to an overly full schedule. So just how do days like this fit in with the 24/7 Low Carb Diner system?

First off, we did still have breakfast goodies waiting in the fridge, I just didn't get around to eating any. I packed hubby's lunch, but never made my own. That was just a problem with timing. I left the higher carby kid on his own today, since I was away.

What about dinner you ask? Usually, I make a Multiply Meal on Thursday evenings. I already had an important meeting to attend tonight, so I knew to rearrange that on my weekly menu. I'll cover that later. Besides, once you have a stocked freezer, it is okay to skip a week here or there. I left my hubby with instructions for a George Night--that is an EZ Fix meal on the Foreman grill. He was obedient there. When I dragged home from my meeting,I was coming down from an incredible adrenaline rush. The leaders of the meeting got stuck at the airport, I was left to entertain and educate the audience for 35 minutes, unplanned. Just a bit stressful. When the excitement wore off, the hunger pangs were becoming real. One might have thought my wonderful boys would have grilled a steak for me, but... umm...no.

So what to eat? A quick check of the freezer inventory showed a single serving of my yummy rutabaga beef stew, affectionately called Stew-a-baga. See the blog post here for the recipe. I added a salad--so glad that is always waiting in the fridge. Dinner was served. Who knew leftovers would create the most comforting moments in my day? I had an Advil for dessert! Sometimes that is just how life works.

1 comment:

NeeCee said...

I took a pain pill for dessert and then cried myself to sleep. Now I'm up again waiting to take my antibiotic. Will be glad when they are gone!

Remember, there is always Alaska. You could experiment making sealion bacon or polar bear roast....with chia seeds of course!