companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, April 24, 2009

Chinese Chicken Salad


My history class is studying ancient China this week, so I celebrated with Triple Play Chinese Chicken. Today was our third meal, Chinese Chicken Salad. This is a gourmet salad, with some unusual choices for the greens. This time I used a Romaine heart, coleslaw shreds and some left over bok choy stems from earlier in the week. They added a nice crunch. To that, I added the pre-made Chinese Chicken and a quick Asian dressing. My original recipe calls for almond slices, but I was out. Today, I substituted peanuts. They are wonderful in this salad.

Having a flavorful meat ready to add to greens is the secret of great salad entrees. With the meat already prepared, the rest goes together so quickly. This Chinese salad adds variety too. It is definitely not a boring meal.

Tonight, we are having Hobo Dinners made with beef and all the fixins. I have a crowd coming over for movies, so the dinner will have to be good if I am to survive without eating popcorn. I may make some cheese crisps for those of us who low carb. Have a great weekend.

No comments: