companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Warm Italian Kitchen


There just happens to be an ice storm outside my window today. Lunch left me with a chill even though it was delicious--fried chicken strip salad. Chicken strips were our Triple Play choice for this week. Great with honey mustard dressing (no real honey), and at least the chicken was warm.

Tonight I am so glad I have a good steamy soup on the menu. We will have the Creamy Italian Soup using the Minute Sausage I cooked up on Sunday. I'm going to make some cheese roll ups to substitute for breadsticks. This recipe is on Linda's site.

Here's my soup:

Creamy Italian Soup

1 package Minute Sausage
1 14.5 ounce can diced Italian tomatoes
1 diced zucchini
1 diced onion
1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
1 can chicken broth
1 cup water
8 ounce package of cream cheese

Sauté vegetables in a bit of olive oil. Add sausage, tomatoes, water and broth. When hot, add cream cheese, and stir in well.

Serves 6 500 calories 8 carbs


Stay Warm!

No comments: